Cape to Cairo Syrah 2007 receives Silver Medal:
The CLASSIC WINE TROPHY has a single-minded objective: to promote, recognize and reward wines of elegance, balance, finesse and the capacity to improve with time.
The competition is unique and compelling in several ways:
- The competition is adjudicated by a panel of French judges, all prominent wine personalities from around the world
- Guest judges this year will also include Sydney Buthelezi, wine buyer at Makro, and Miguel Chan, sommelier at the five-star Cellars-Hohenort hotel
- Only 17 medals can be awarded, which ensures a legitimate and worthy winner of each medal
- La Revue du Vin de France, the leading French wine publication, will cover the event and ensure an international spotlight on the competition
- The overall winner will also receive a return air ticket to Paris
Blind tasting is done over a four-day period and the wines are cross-tasted by panels of three judges each.
The selected wines are then blind tasted again, over three rounds.
During the Grand Final, the wines are tasted again by all judges. All OIV procedure is adhered to, and one OIV official judge assesses the ratings.
Cape to Cairo (Syrah 2007) has received a silver medal under the red wine category.